MENTAL HEALTH AWARENESS RESOURCES: May is Mental Health Awareness Month! Kevin Chilton will be setting up a resource table in the lobby every Tuesday this month. Stop by and check it out!
2ND GRADE WATER SAFETY: Students from Brookside Elementary will be visiting the Kroc Center this week for water safety lessons. The program is teaching basic water safety and skills like floating and kicking that can provide a foundation for further swim instruction. Some students who attend these lessons won’t have a swim suit. We are looking for donations of girls (size small) and boys (size small or medium) swim suits. If you are able to donate these items, please drop them off in the pool office ASAP.
RESTORING HEALTH: We had a great celebration recently for the participants in the Restoring Health Program! Over the past 14-weeks they participated in weekly fitness classes, health coaching, and healthy eating classes. Shout-out to Chris Reinsma and Keely Newbeck for all their hard work The next session of Restoring Health begins on Tuesday, May 24th.
MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND: Just a reminder that Friday, May 27th is an admin holiday, but the Kroc will be open. Monday, May 30th is also an admin holiday and the Kroc will be closed.
REMINDERS OF THE WEEK: Here are some of the topics you can expect to be covered at daily morning and afternoon huddle meetings…
- CUSTOMER SERVICE FOCUS: Common Purpose/Customer Touchpoints
- EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS: Power Outages
- CORE VALUE: We value authentic relationships. The Kroc Center pursues personal connections that promote holistic wellness in an environment of security and significance.
OPEN POSITIONS: Visit the Central Territory’s ADP Recruitment system for all job postings and to submit applications online. We appreciate you sharing opportunities with friends and family! Current openings include: Welcome Desk Lead; Swim Instructor; Group Exercise Instructor; Personal Trainer; Aquatics Lead; Lifeguard; Day Camp Counselor; Child Watch Attendant; Human Resources Generalist.
Send an email to RJ Kroc if you see someone going above and beyond for our guests! Here are some examples observed recently:
- All the guests (most with special needs) who attended the Grand Rapids Symphony concert were blessed with the gift of music, thanks in part to the willingness of our teams to move existing programs and activities to other spaces.
- A Restoring Health participant commented on how much inspiration she draws from observing Victoria working out and her commitment to fitness.
- Our DK security representative was seen helping a boy with his bike in the East parking lot after Saturday’s soccer games.
Here are some of the upcoming events and groups at the Kroc Center:
- U-PREP program: Tuesday & Thursday mornings, 8:30-10:30am, Fireside & Gymnasium
- Restoring Health: Tuesday & Thursday, 8:00am-1:00pm, Fireside & Music Room
- Red Shield Summer Concert Series: Wednesday, 3:00-8:00pm, Amphitheater, Fireside, WPAC
- Area Agency on Aging: Friday, 9am-Noon, WPAC
- Salvation Army Advisory Board: Friday, 11:00am-1:30pm, Fireside C
- Lobos Soccer: Tuesday/Friday, 6-8pm; Saturday 3-8pm; Sunday 11am-7pm; Outdoor Soccer Fields
Be sure to wish a Happy Birthday to our Kroc Krew colleagues:
- Heidi Roberts – Fitness Instructor: 5/23