CAMP KROC UPDATE: Day Camp is filling up fast! We have closed online registration for all weeks except week 4 & 10. Week 4 & 10 are the only weeks we can allow registrations for at this time. We will fill from the waitlist for all other weeks. Anyone who wishes to join the waitlist must email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Let Kayla know if you have any camp related questions!
CONGRATS GRADUATES: Our Kroc Krew includes some 2022 graduates! Be sure to congratulate them if you spot them around the Kroc!
Abby Ames (GR Christian High School), Samantha Clark (Grand Valley State University, BS Comprehensive Science, BA Teaching and Special Education),
Ruthie Diaz (Grace Christian University, BS Psychology), Patrice Franks (Kuyper College, BS Social Work), Rachel Hansz (Grace Christian University, BS Psychology),
Lydia Hoekwater (Calvin University, BS Biochemistry), Rose Russo (Aquinas College, Elementary Education), Ella Sterken (Calvin Christian High School), Ben Tuit (GR Christian High School)
FAME Spring Performance: The students in our FAME (Fine Arts, Music & Expression) program are showcasing what they learned this semester with a performance on Thursday, May 12th at 6pm. For the past ten weeks, 3rd grade students from Brookside Elementary School have visited the Kroc Center once a week to focus on art, music, and dance. All are invited to watch the performance and support these talented students. Special thanks to our Fine Arts Supervisor, Alyson Rodriguez for all her hard work!
MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND: Just a reminder that Friday, May 27th is an admin holiday, but the Kroc will be open. Monday, May 30th is also an admin holiday and the Kroc will be closed.
REMINDERS OF THE WEEK: Here are some of the topics you can expect to be covered at daily morning and afternoon huddle meetings…
- CUSTOMER SERVICE FOCUS: Customer Compass
- EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS: Severe Weather
- CORE VALUE: We value a Kroc Krew that is committed, caring and engaged. The Kroc Center’s employees and volunteers consistently demonstrate radical hospitality and a desire for continual improvement.
OPEN POSITIONS: Visit the Central Territory’s ADP Recruitment system for all job postings and to submit applications online. We appreciate you sharing opportunities with friends and family! Current openings include: Welcome Desk Lead; Swim Instructor; Group Exercise Instructor; Personal Trainer; Aquatics Lead; Lifeguard; Day Camp Counselor; Child Watch Attendant; Human Resources Generalist.
Send an email to RJ Kroc if you see someone going above and beyond for our guests! Here are some examples observed recently:
- Our new general manager, Luke Bronkema, visited the Aquatics Center for the first time last Friday, and his family had a great time, thanks to our great Kroc Krew!
- Our entire team responded in a prompt and caring way to a Code 9 situation with a new member; the member was extremely thankful and is back at the Kroc in good condition.
- Bob Morales has been doing an awesome job volunteering with the Kroc Church kids on Sundays.
Here are some of the upcoming events and groups at the Kroc Center:
- Girls on the Run: Monday, 5:00-8:00pm, Fireside
- Potter’s House concert: Tuesday, 6-9pm, Amphitheater
- U-PREP program: Tuesday & Thursday mornings, 8:30-10:30am, Fireside & Gymnasium
- Restoring Health: Tuesday & Thursday, 8:00am-1:00pm, Fireside & Music Room
- FAME: Tuesday 12:45-2:45pm, Fireside/Art Room/WPAC
- DHQ Employee Appreciation: Thursday 11:30am-1:00pm, Amphitheater & Fireside Hall
- Brookside concert: Thursday, 3-6pm, Amphitheater
- FAME Performance: Thursday, 5:30-7:00pm, Music Room & WPAC
Be sure to wish a Happy Birthday to our Kroc Krew colleagues:
- Abby Ames – Lifeguard: 5/9