COVID-19 Service Changes & Updates
What to expect on your next visit:
Before you come to the Kroc Center:
- Visit GrKrocCenter.org to check current building capacity. Watch your email/text messages and Kroc Center social media accounts for updates and any changes to schedules or guidelines.
- Click here for the current schedule of activity areas and classes. Note that most activities require advance registration — use the online member portal or the mobile app to sign up.
When you arrive:
- All visitors should screen themselves for COVID-19 symptoms or potential close contacts with confirmed COVID-19 cases. Please only check into the building if you are free of symptoms and/or close contacts. Fully–vaccinated individuals are not required to quarantine if they have had a close contact with a case of COVID-19.
- Fully-vaccinated individuals (at least two weeks after final vaccine dose) are not required to wear face coverings.
- All others must continue to wear a face covering in all areas of the Kroc Center where it is required (i.e. everywhere except in the water during certain aquatics activities).
Navigating the fitness areas and exercising:
- Please wash your hands in the second–floor restrooms before working out.
- Wipe down all equipment with the provided supplies both BEFORE and AFTER your workout.
- Fitness equipment such as yoga mats, resistance bands, foam rollers, jump ropes, etc. are NOT be available to check out.
- Live group exercise classes are being held in larger spaces to allow for appropriate distancing. Virtual classes will be held in Fitness Studio B. Click here for the current drop-in fitness schedule.
Leaving the building:
- The lobby or fitness restrooms are available for use to wash your hands before you leave.
- To accurately track building capacity, all members must check OUT of the Kroc Center at the Welcome Desk.
Guidelines for other areas of the Kroc Center
Aquatics Center and Locker Rooms:
- Please come dressed to swim.
- The last 15 minutes of each hour are reserved for members to dress, with the last 5 minutes reserved for staff to clean the area for the next user.
- Household swim participants must all be on the same Kroc Center membership. This will be verified during check–in.
- During household swim, one family may use areas not reserved for river walking or lap swim activities.
- Please maintain six feet of distance from other users and lifeguards whenever possible, including in the locker rooms.
- If you are not in the pool by 15 minutes after the start of the hour, your remaining time may be given to another user.
- Face coverings must be worn by non–vaccinated individuals during river walking and in the hot tub, and participants must sit in marked designated spots at least 6 feet apart.
- Participants may only register for one pool activity per hour.
- Gymnasium activities are by reservation only.
- Players/households must stay on their assigned part of the court at all times. Only one player/household per assigned court.
- Face coverings are required at all times (except for fully-vaccinated individuals) and must cover the nose and mouth.
- Bring your own ball (or racket and ball for pickleball), or check one out at the Welcome Desk. To help us limit contact, only one ball is allowed per court.
- Pick-up games (including one-on-one) are not permitted with anyone outside of your household and assigned court.
- Only one reservation per day, please.
- Reservations are 45 minutes, with the last 15 minutes of each hour reserved for cleaning.
- Please see the Welcome Desk with any additional questions.
- Children 11 & younger must be supervised by an adult at all times.
- Reserve Child Watch space up to 48 hours in advance through your online member account.
- In keeping with current state guidelines, all children 2 and older will be expected to wear a face covering while at the Kroc Center.
- Reservations must be made before your desired shift begins.
- Child Watch may close early if there are no reservations entered for that shift.
- The game room is not open at this time.
Kroc Center Facility Guidelines
Child Facility Access
- 0–11 year olds must be accompanied by an adult (16+) at the Kroc Center.
- 12–15 year olds may only use the fitness equipment after completing a Teen Fit Permit class. Call or visit the Fitness Desk for more information about the class.
- 12+ year olds may use any area on the first floor of the facility without an adult.
- Ages 16+ may use the entire facility.
- Appropriate clothing is required while using the Kroc Center:
- All clothing must exhibit good taste, contain no offensive words or pictures, and be clean.
- Shirts must reasonably cover the front and back of the torso. Pants and shorts must be worn above the waistline and cover the entire bottom.
- Shirts and shoes must be worn at all times, except in the pool.
- Shoes must be clean of dirt and not leave marks. Open-toed shoes, including sandals, are not permitted on the fitness floor or climbing wall.
- Swimmers must wear a clean bathing suit. Swim diapers and rubber pants are required for children who are not fully potty-trained.
- Wet clothing is not allowed outside the pool or locker rooms.
- Members or guests whose body odor is offensive or disruptive to others will be discreetly informed by Kroc Center staff.
- All decisions regarding whether clothing meets the guidelines will be made by Kroc Center staff.
- Food and beverages are permitted in designated areas only.
- Only spill-proof sport bottles are allowed on the fitness floor and in the gym.
Aquatics Center Guidelines
- A cleansing shower is required before pool entry.
- A clean bathing suit is required. Street clothes and cut-offs are not permitted.
- Life jackets must be Coast Guard–approved.
- Children who are not potty-trained must wear a swim diaper.
- Children aged 6 and younger must be accompanied in the water within arm’s reach of an adult (aged 16+). Adults accompanying children aged 7 and older who have passed a swim test may remain poolside.
- Children under the age of 12 may place only their feet in the hot tub.
- The required height to use the slide is 48 inches.
- Guests are responsible for recognizing their own limitations and acting in the best interest of their own safety. Lifeguards may stop any activity that is deemed unsafe and may cause injury or conflict.
- For safety, the following items/actions are prohibited:
- Running, diving or horseplay, including sitting on the shoulders of others, throwing guests and hanging on lap lane dividers or splash pad features
- Prolonged breath holding
- Street shoes
- Food, beverages or gum
- Use of the pool if guest has a communicable disease or open sore
- Other activities that Kroc Center lifeguards determine are unsafe
The following are strictly prohibited on the Kroc Center campus:
- Possessing a firearm or other type of weapon
- Being under the influence of, or in possession of alcohol, drugs or other controlled substances
- Bringing pets inside the facility (with the exception of handicap assistance dogs) or animals outside the facility that are not on a leash 8’ or shorter in length (Grand Rapids city ordinance)
- Use of open flame
- Solicitation of funds (unless approved by the Kroc Center)
- Using or storing bicycles, skates and skateboards inside the Kroc Center
- Taking pictures or video of guests without permission
- Use of amplified music without permission from the Kroc Center
- Use of the facility by outside agencies for monetary gain without paying a rental fee
- Conducting programs or services without prior approval that are similar or in conflict with services, programs or events sponsored by the Kroc Center, including personal training and private swim lessons
In cases of severe weather, the Kroc Center may cancel programs and drop-in classes held prior to 4 PM. A determination will be made at 2 PM for programs and classes starting after 4 PM.
Programs, rentals, or events on the Kroc Center outdoor campus will be suspended in the event of thunder or lightning and not be allowed to resume until thirty minutes after the last lightning and/or thunder is observed.
All efforts will be made to create a make-up class if it is cancelled due to inclement weather or causes beyond our control. Partial refunds are not available. The decision to close the Kroc Center will be made independently of the decision to cancel classes and programs.
For closure information, visit GrKrocCenter.org or Facebook.com/GrKrocCenter, or call 616.588.7200 for updates.
- A parent/guardian of any child under the age of 18 must be present for the first 10 minutes of their child’s first class of the session to receive important class announcements and waiver information.
- A parent/guardian of any child under the age of 12 must remain on the Kroc Center campus for the duration of their child’s class each time it meets, with the exception of Camp Kroc day camp.
- A parent/guardian must be present on the pool deck during swim lessons for any child under the age of 12.
- Registrations may be accepted after the final registration deadline based on class availability and, if accepted, will include a $10 late fee. The Kroc Center reserves the right to close enrollment at the deadline, after which placement is not guaranteed.
- The Kroc Center reserves the right to change schedules, pricing, programming and guidelines.
- The Kroc Center accepts cash, check, Visa, MasterCard and Discover.
- Full payment is expected at the time of enrollment.
- No refunds are given unless the program is canceled by the Kroc Center.
- The Kroc Center reserves the right to cancel or close programs that have not met minimum enrollment numbers. Those registered for a program that is canceled by the Kroc Center will be given the choice of a full refund, class transfer or Kroc Center gift card for the amount paid.
- If you cancel your class enrollment five or more days prior to the first class, you will receive a full credit on a Kroc Center gift card, minus a $5 processing fee, or you may transfer to another session, if available.
- Credits must be redeemed within 60 days of issue. If you do not transfer into a new program or obtain your refund within 60 days, the Kroc Center will automatically apply your refund to a Kroc Center gift card.
- Requests made less than five days prior to the start date are not eligible for a refund or credit.
- Credits or prorated credits will not be issued for missed days of class due to illness, partial attendance, behavior issues, or any other reason.