KROC TOTS: We have a new program starting this summer called Kroc Tots. This option is great for kids (ages 3-5) who are too young for day camp, but still want to enjoy some of the same activities at the Kroc. This program will begin June 13 and runs Monday–Friday, 1–4pm. Cost is $80/week for members and $95/week for non-members. More information can be found at the Welcome Desk and in the Summer 1 Program Guide. Families can register online at GrKrocCenter.org.
MENTAL HEALTH AWARENESS RESOURCES: May is Mental Health Awareness Month! Kevin Chilton will be setting up a resource table in the lobby every Tuesday this month. Stop by and check it out!
2ND GRADE SWIM LESSONS: We’ll be hosting water safety lessons for Brookside elementary the week of May 16th. We will need some assistance primarily with the boys in the locker rooms. They usually do not have enough male staff/volunteers to cover that area. Sign up online here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/508054EAEA92FAA8-brookside.
If you are able to help, you will need to be background checked and fingerprinted. See Jessica Viau for more details. Some students who attend these lessons won’t have a swim suit. We are looking for donations of girls (size small) and boys (size small or medium) swim suits. If you are able to donate these items, please drop them off in the pool office ASAP.
MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND: Just a reminder that Friday, May 27th is an admin holiday, but the Kroc will be open. Monday, May 30th is also an admin holiday and the Kroc will be closed.
REMINDERS OF THE WEEK: Here are some of the topics you can expect to be covered at daily morning and afternoon huddle meetings…
- CUSTOMER SERVICE FOCUS: Service Recovery
- EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS: CPR Reminders
- CORE VALUE: We value quality in everything we do. The Kroc Center strives to offer a broad spectrum of impactful, innovative programs and services.
OPEN POSITIONS: Visit the Central Territory’s ADP Recruitment system for all job postings and to submit applications online. We appreciate you sharing opportunities with friends and family! Current openings include: Welcome Desk Lead; Swim Instructor; Group Exercise Instructor; Personal Trainer; Aquatics Lead; Lifeguard; Day Camp Counselor; Child Watch Attendant; Human Resources Generalist.
Send an email to RJ Kroc if you see someone going above and beyond for our guests! Here are some examples observed recently:
- Lydia Hoekwater & Lily Walker received lots of compliments from students in their jam-packed lifeguard training last weekend.
- Chris Reinsma stepped in to both coach and referee for the AYSO program when subs were desperately needed.
Here are some of the upcoming events and groups at the Kroc Center:
- GR Symphony: Tuesday and Wednesday, 8am-6pm: Green Room, Music Room, WPAC
- U-PREP program: Tuesday & Thursday mornings, 8:30-10:30am, Fireside & Gymnasium
- Restoring Health: Tuesday & Thursday, 8:00am-1:00pm, Fireside
- FAME: Tuesday 12:45-2:45pm, Fireside/Art Room
Be sure to wish a Happy Birthday to our Kroc Krew colleagues:
- Kevin Chilton – Child Watch Lead: 5/3
- Jared Mills – Day Camp Counselor/Child Watch: 5/3
- Joseph Bylsma – Lifeguard/Pool Supervisor: 5/6